Welcome to my Garden Blog

Nature: wild & untouched. Photographing it, preserving it, taking walks and drinking in the landscapes as they unfold.

Gardens: touched by loving hands. Cultivated, nurtured. Drinking in those landscapes is wonderful, as well.

In my garden one enjoys some of both. Generally unpruned & wild, my plants reshape the garden as they grow.

Beyond the garden borders, natives from the Santa Monica Mtns await. Oak trees with their shady canopies. Cactus & Sage in the sun.

Always there are animal creatures to join in the fun.

I look forward to sharing some of my experiences with you as they unfold.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Way too Hot in Topanga!!

We are having a Heat Wave! It got up to 108dgs at my house in Topanga today, 105 down on the Blvd. I had to run an errand in Calabasas, where the temps reached up to 118dgs in the sun! I was so happy not to have my dog with me. I knew it was supposed to be Hot, Day 2 of a 4 day Heat Wave, so I took time this morning to deep water all my roses. Last night I left a hose on my favorite Orange Tree, while the Grapefruit Tree looked on, jealous. And, put shade netting up over my vege beds.. All I could think when I was out was: what is it like in Palm Springs then?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildflowers, Santa Monica Mtns

Wildflowers, Santa Monica Mtns