Welcome to my Garden Blog

Nature. Wild & untouched. Photographing it, preserving it, taking walks & drinking in the landscapes as they unfold.

Gardens. Touched by loving hands. Cultivated, nurtured. Drinking in those landscapes is wonderful, as well.

In my garden one enjoys some of both. Generally unpruned & wild, my plants reshape the garden as they grow. Beyond its borders, natives from the Santa Monica Mtns. await. Oaks with their shady canopies. Cactus & Sage in the sun.

And always there are animal creatures to join in the fun.

I look forward to sharing some of my experiences with you as they unfold.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

August Days in Topanga

After 15 days in a row of wonderful foggy mornings & below normal (80's) temps, we were surprised yesterday by a bit of tropical weather. I thought: storm in Baja? Lots of high clouds & muggy. There was even a 20% chance of rain! A big deal for canyon plants. But, that was not to be. Still, a pretty day in Topanga.

No comments:

Post a Comment