Welcome to my Garden Blog

Nature: wild & untouched. Photographing it, preserving it, taking walks and drinking in the landscapes as they unfold.

Gardens: touched by loving hands. Cultivated, nurtured. Drinking in those landscapes is wonderful, as well.

In my garden one enjoys some of both. Generally unpruned & wild, my plants reshape the garden as they grow.

Beyond the garden borders, natives from the Santa Monica Mtns await. Oak trees with their shady canopies. Cactus & Sage in the sun.

Always there are animal creatures to join in the fun.

I look forward to sharing some of my experiences with you as they unfold.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Sunrise Over the Pacific

                      Easter Sunrise over the Pacific Ocean, Pacific Grove, CA

This picture was taken last Easter, 2013, when I was traveling through the Monterey, CA area.  It was very early on Easter morning, and my honey & I headed to the beach, to a park at Lover's Point.  We didn't expect anyone to be there so early.. it was barely sunrise. 

Surprise! Not only were there people there, but there was a Sunrise Service on the lawn there for Easter! People brought chairs; donuts & coffee was set up; various speakers & musicians were gathered.

What made this all the more of a surprise than even the early congregation, was the fact that I had no idea the sun ever rose over the Pacific! I mean, I have only seen sunsets over the Pacific, as it is always to the west, more or less. At the Monterey Bay, however, it seemed the town of Pacific Grove was located at the south end of the bay, so that facing the Pacific actually meant facing East!  Santa Cruz was directly opposite, on the north side of the bay, so that it would get all the sunsets.

It was a magical sunrise then, as clouds parted to let in the new sun on Easter Sunday~ A magical memory worth revisiting for us.  Wishing you a beautiful Easter, where you live!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to know if this is a yearly event. I don't suppose you know who organized the service?

    ReplyDelete

Wildflowers, Santa Monica Mtns

Wildflowers, Santa Monica Mtns