Welcome to my Garden Blog

Nature: wild & untouched. Photographing it, preserving it, taking walks and drinking in the landscapes as they unfold.

Gardens: touched by loving hands. Cultivated, nurtured. Drinking in those landscapes is wonderful, as well.

In my garden one enjoys some of both. Generally unpruned & wild, my plants reshape the garden as they grow.

Beyond the garden borders, natives from the Santa Monica Mtns await. Oak trees with their shady canopies. Cactus & Sage in the sun.

Always there are animal creatures to join in the fun.

I look forward to sharing some of my experiences with you as they unfold.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Autumn, Time for Moving On


             Anna's Hummingbird, Topanga, CA, Photo by Kathy Vilim

Yesterday I was enjoying the peace of my garden space, watching as hummingbirds fought over the feeder, buzzing past my ears, so loud and so quick.  I got out my camera and took pictures of my hummingbird friends.  They are the best part of my Topanga garden and have given me so many happy moments. But now, I am getting the house ready for travelling. I am starting my trip around the State of California, and I am excited at the prospect of seeing new places with different plants and trees, waking up to different bird sounds in the morning, and different smells in the air.
On my journey, there will be infinite possibilities for new stories to write and tales to tell.  But it is bittersweet: for all I will be gaining, I will be missing my garden... (read more at Beautiful Wildlife Garden)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildflowers, Santa Monica Mtns

Wildflowers, Santa Monica Mtns